Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

They're Here!

Dum-dada-Dummmmmm!!!   The ortho office called this morning to let me know that my aligners were in...Yay!  I was even able to get in TODAY and pick them up.   So first things first...I'll put up a before of my lovely, banjo picker choppers:



So with that done, I gotta say, these are gonna definately take some getting used to.  They feel really strange.  They gave me two aligners, and once I'm finished with these, I go back for the attachments.  I think they must have been really busy today, because I did feel a little rushed, she gave me some basic info - wear them at all times, some advice on removing them (which I'll get to in a minute), and to never place them somewhere where pets can get to them.  She said that pets are drawn to these things, and will seek out and destroy them.  On removing them....she stuck out her two pinky fingers and and motioned like she was taking aligners out of her mouth as she told me to do it as she was because they had found that starting on one side tends to break them.  Welllll......I don't know about their other patients, but there's no way in the world I'm getting these things out with my pinkies!  I've been using my index fingers so far and it's been a bit of a struggle, I know not as tough it's going to get though.  She told me this first tray won't have much movement.  They do feel tight, but not bad at all.  I can't wait to start the next ones!

So I will leave you with a photo of my teeth with the aligners on:


Oh!!! I almost forgot the BEST part....and I'm super jazzed about this!  I was soooooo excited when I got the call this morning....and I wanted to call my husband and let him know the good news.. (I've been waiting for this for a very long time).   I got to thinking, maybe I should use him as the first test....so I held this in ALL FREAKIN' DAY!!  My appointment was at 4:30, which put me home at about my normal time.  He was on the couch..I walked to him, gave him a kiss, asked him about his day.....NOTHING!!!!   WoooooHoooooo!  Finally, I just smiled and stared....he gave me a perplexed look, and said "What?"  So I leaned in, and, rather than just smiling, actually showed him my teeth (like a dog does when they growl).  He was shocked...he was like "holy shit - that's is coooool....I didn't know you had them!!    So, to me, that's the ultimate test.  I'm very happy with the asthetics of these things.  I though for sure he'd spot them from a mile away, but, no.  I practically had to tell him I had them in!  Yay!!  He did mention (after he found out I had them in, mind you) that I am lisping.  That's okay, I know that will get better.  So there ya have it. 

First day, and all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment