Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Good News!

I woke up this morning to some wonderful news....See, when I first went in for my consultation, my ortho told me that he estimated it would take 36 trays and 18 months to fix my teeth.  Well, last night I realized that I hadn't even checked my actual treatment time and the tech who gave me my trays never mentined it, so I took a look at the baggies my trays came in, and whatayaknow....there are some numbers on there!  "1U of 16"  "1L of 16"   Sixteeeeen....NOT 36!  Not wanting to get excited over nothing, I went on a message board and asked if those numbers were really the total number of trays.  This morning, I woke up to find that 3 kind people had taken their own precious time to answer my question, and if that wasn't enough (I'm always amazed when strangers take their time to help me, message boards rock!!) the answers were all...yeah, that means you have 16 trays in your treatment and judging by your teeth it seems reasonable.

If anyone's interested, it's     www.bracesreview.com/forums/invisalign/
another good one is here:    http://www.archwired.com/

There are tons of personal experiences and the folks are so good about helping out the newbies.

So I'm as happy as I can be.  16 instead of 36....8 months instead of 18 months.  (assuming everything goes smoothly)  That's what I call gooood news!

So yesterday was the first day I went to work with my trays in.  I walked into the co-worker's office that I had told I was getting them on Thursday and said "Well, I got 'em"   ....and she said "Well....I can't seeee them"  Then, I had an entire conversation with another co-worker and made no effort to hide my teeth and as she was leaving...I told her I got them.  It was so funny, she walked straight up to me and got right in my face to look for them!  Honestly, it was a little uncomfortable and out of character for her, because she's one who likes her personal space respected and certainly doesn't get into others'.  She was just taken back...I had told her awhile back I was thinking about doing this (we talk alot, we're pretty good friends) but she didn't know I had actually gotten them.  So her reaction tells me that she really had no idea.  This is cool.

I'm finding now though, I'm not as embarrassed about the treatment.  It's like, I was embarrassed about my funky teeth, but now, since I'm taking steps to correct that, I have nothing to be embarrassed about.  I'm still glad these are discreet though, and I'm loving being about to take them out to clean my teeth and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment