Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

First Morning With Invisaign

If I hadn't had these trays on my mind already, I totally coulda forgot they were even in.  No discomfort whatsoever!  I did cringe when I first woke up, though, at the thought of wrestling these things out with my funky morning breath-mouth...Yuck!! ....but I was in for a pleasant surprise, they popped right out - a definate difference from last night.  I guess there are minor movements happening with this first one.  I left them out for fifteen minutes while I had some diet coke and a smoke.  I soaked them in Efferdent while I did that, and when I went to put them back in, they were slightly tighter.  I tested this by trying to take them back out and, the top ones at least, were not quite as easy as they had been first thing.

I'm wondering if anyone at work will notice them today.  I've only mentioned it to one co-worker (who was very sweet and totally understood my decision to do this).  We'll see!  I'm going to have to remember not to put my top and bottom teeth together when I smile though, because these things do look odd when I do that.  The kinda look like mouth guards that way, the plastic touching together is noticable IMO, but as long as I just don't clamp down, they look fine.  That shouldn't be hard.

I'll be taking some bottled waters with me to work, so I have easy access to swish, and some Colgate wisps because they are small and I don't have to walk to the bathroom with a toothbrush and toothpaste.  Is that weird that I don't even want anyone to see me walking into the bathroom with a toothbrush?  Yes, it is.  I'm sure I'll get over that soon.  I feel fortunate to have my own office at times like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment